Yet another BSOD issue... RRS feed

• Question

• I've encountered yet another blue screen issue now, and I ask for help with decoding the log files.
    I'm still in the process of learning this myself but could use a helping hand.

The crash happens randomly and has been reported twice so far, I don't think the user does anything in particular when it happens. A normal reboot solves the issue for some time but eventually the crash will happen yet again.

I've tried updating the video card drivers from INTEL but the second time the issue occured either way.

You can get the MEMORY.DMP and two minidump files here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9F3ADC16FDB7230C!310&authkey=!AIN6Qk-IqFxo-0M&ithint=file%2czip

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:59 PM

Answers

• These were all critical process terminated.  Almost always the result of a 3rd party driver.  I would run verifier to find that driver

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.  Please run verifier first.  You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!!  If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:36 PM
  • As ZigZag3143x mentioned, please try the methods and check if it helps.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:57 PM

All replies

• These were all critical process terminated.  Almost always the result of a 3rd party driver.  I would run verifier to find that driver

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.  Please run verifier first.  You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!!  If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:36 PM
  • As ZigZag3143x mentioned, please try the methods and check if it helps.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:57 PM