What is Windows 7 theme at domain? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is Windows 7 default theme for users at domain? Is Aero enabled as default?

I must ask you because I cannot test it at this moment.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:31 PM

Answers

• Unless you have specifically configured it otherwise in Group Policy, Aero is on by default (if the system rating is high enough) and the default theme is the Aero theme called "Windows 7".
    Monday, September 20, 2010 8:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Because you are at a domain environment, so the default theme can be customized by the IT administrator.

The Aero can be enabled or not depends on the Windows 7 version. If your windows 7 version is Home Premium or above, you could enable the Aero function.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 4:44 AM
  • Thank you for posting answer.

And will be aero enabled as default, if I will not specify it somewhere at GPO?

Local users have aero enabled as default.

Monday, September 20, 2010 4:38 PM
  • Unless you have specifically configured it otherwise in Group Policy, Aero is on by default (if the system rating is high enough) and the default theme is the Aero theme called "Windows 7".
    Monday, September 20, 2010 8:29 PM