Windows 10 MSRA RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Does the user have to be a local admin to offer assist through MSRA or can I do it as a standard user?

//Gabe

Monday, August 6, 2018 4:17 PM

Answers

• Late post but I found the problem:

This was my solution:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77c865c2-7602-4234-a4cd-52d54ab6d653/sccm-2012-remote-access-to-client?forum=configmanagerdeployment

"

The group policy setting in question is

Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ User Rights Assignment

Access this computer from the network

Add the group containing the users allowed to use remote tools

"

• Edited by Norden1992 Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:26 PM Added my solution
    • Marked as answer by Norden1992 Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:26 PM
    Friday, November 2, 2018 8:05 AM

All replies

• You can use Windows Remote Assistance as standard user. It depends what you need to do with remote computer. If you need to install a software  for example, you need administrator privileges.
    Monday, August 6, 2018 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

Since the Remote Assistance works on local administrator users, so maybe this is still occurs by the lacking of permission.

To configure the list of helpers, click "Show." In the window that opens, you can enter the names of the helpers. Add each user or group one by one. When you enter the name of the helper user or user groups, use the following format:

<Domain Name>\<User Name> or

<Domain Name>\<Group Name>

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:11 AM
  • Hello Tao,

I have looked at my settings and it seems right, but I have noticed that the SCCM-client policy settings have it disabled...but it shouldn’t matter because it sets local policy settings. But I have tried to enable it in a test-collection just to be sure.

Best Regards,

Norden

Monday, August 13, 2018 9:49 AM
  • We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:18 AM
  • Hello Tony,

Unfortunately it's not sovled, our workaround is SCCM Remote Control. But we still need MSRA for the rest of the users that's need a tool.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Late post but I found the problem:

This was my solution:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77c865c2-7602-4234-a4cd-52d54ab6d653/sccm-2012-remote-access-to-client?forum=configmanagerdeployment

"

The group policy setting in question is

Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ User Rights Assignment

Access this computer from the network

Add the group containing the users allowed to use remote tools

"

• Edited by Norden1992 Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:26 PM Added my solution
    • Marked as answer by Norden1992 Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:26 PM
    Friday, November 2, 2018 8:05 AM