Audit Log Paused RRS feed

• Question

• I have new DHCP server 2012 R2 and set DHCP logging to F:\DHClogs.

I have set "NT Service\DHCPserver" to have access for F: and F:\DHCPlogs, but my DHCP log stop after 10.5 Mb with message:

02,06/13/16,05:06:20,Audit Log Paused,,,,,0,6,,,,,,,,,0

How to increase logging to run the whole day?

Jens Peter Poulsen TDC Netdesign

Monday, June 13, 2016 9:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You could use powershell command,for example:

>>PS C:\> Set-DhcpServerAuditLog -ComputerName dhcpserver.contoso.com -Enable True -Path D:\dhcpauditlog\ -MaxMBFileSize 100

This example enables the audit log of the DHCP server service and sets the path for the audit log to D:\dhcpauditlog\ directory. This cmdlet also sets the maximum size for the audit log file to 100 MB.

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Karunaidas Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Wednesday, July 6, 2016 2:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 3:07 AM

All replies

• Monday, June 13, 2016 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

You could use powershell command,for example:

>>PS C:\> Set-DhcpServerAuditLog -ComputerName dhcpserver.contoso.com -Enable True -Path D:\dhcpauditlog\ -MaxMBFileSize 100

This example enables the audit log of the DHCP server service and sets the path for the audit log to D:\dhcpauditlog\ directory. This cmdlet also sets the maximum size for the audit log file to 100 MB.

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Karunaidas Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Wednesday, July 6, 2016 2:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 3:07 AM