[SCOM Pack for 2013] SCOM autodiscover does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I have exchange server 2013 and SCOM 2012 R2 deployed on my organization.

Nearly every SCOM pack works fine ,include windows server ,hyper-v, sql server .. etc, except exchange.

It just does not show up on SCOM console.

I looked into SCOM agent event log of exchange server, it seems discover works fine,

Source=Health Service Script, Event =1472

MicrosoftExchangeDiscovery.ps1 : Exchange Server Discovery Script

Message: Discovered instance of Organization: First Organization

Message: Processed 436 MonitorDefinition(s) and discovered 53 Health Set(s).

Message: Discovered Health Set instance for: CLIENTACCESS - OAB (ServiceComponents)

But anyway,exchange server does not show up on SCOM console.

Would anyone have any clue on what the problem is or how to troubleshooting it?

Friday, September 25, 2015 7:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Jun,

For your question, I understand that Exchange server do not show up in SCOM console, however other SCOM pack works fine.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

If you want to import Exchange server MP to SCOM , we need to ensure some pre-requisites that have to be met:
        • You have one of the following versions of System Center Operations Manager deployed in your organization:
              ◦ System Center Operations Manager 2012 RTM or later
              ◦ System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 or later
        • You have already deployed SCOM agents to your Exchange Servers.
        • The SCOM agents on your Exchange Servers are running under the local system account.
        • The SCOM agents on your Exchange Servers are configured to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.
        • If you are monitoring Exchange Server 2013 Database Availability Groups (DAGs), ensure that all DAG members are monitored by Operations Manager.

If this issue persists, please run health service to manually trigger a discovery attempt. More details about it, please refer to: https://matthewlong.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/scom-2012-manually-triggering-a-discovery-via-the-scom-console-on-demand-discovery/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also, if it has some error return, please post here for further troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 28, 2015 1:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, October 5, 2015 3:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:40 AM
    Monday, September 28, 2015 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Jun,

For your question, I understand that Exchange server do not show up in SCOM console, however other SCOM pack works fine.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

If you want to import Exchange server MP to SCOM , we need to ensure some pre-requisites that have to be met:
        • You have one of the following versions of System Center Operations Manager deployed in your organization:
              ◦ System Center Operations Manager 2012 RTM or later
              ◦ System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 or later
        • You have already deployed SCOM agents to your Exchange Servers.
        • The SCOM agents on your Exchange Servers are running under the local system account.
        • The SCOM agents on your Exchange Servers are configured to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.
        • If you are monitoring Exchange Server 2013 Database Availability Groups (DAGs), ensure that all DAG members are monitored by Operations Manager.

If this issue persists, please run health service to manually trigger a discovery attempt. More details about it, please refer to: https://matthewlong.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/scom-2012-manually-triggering-a-discovery-via-the-scom-console-on-demand-discovery/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also, if it has some error return, please post here for further troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 28, 2015 1:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, October 5, 2015 3:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:40 AM
    Monday, September 28, 2015 1:58 AM
  • Thanks. It starts working!
    Monday, October 12, 2015 3:29 AM