Speech Recognition does not Function RRS feed

• Question

•  

First off let me say that I believe that I am posting in the correct forum, assuming that Windows Vista Speech Recognition is an application included in Windows Vista.  Now for my problem.  I am using a PC with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.  I have a Realtek onboard audio controller with the latest drivers installed and a Logitech USB headset.  The motherboard is manufactured by Foxconn.  This is a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium.  I am having an issue with opening up the speech recognition software.  When I click on "Start Speech Recognition"  I get the error: "The Wizard could not start: Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the Audio Devices and Sound Themes control panel."  All of my hardware works properly.  The volume level meter moves when I talk into my headset in the Recording control panel and my speakers/headset play sounds perfectly (depending on which device I set as default).  I also get a similar error when I attempt to open Text-To-Speech from the Control Panel and select the Speech Recognition tab.  I get the error: "The requested task could not be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created.  Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device."  I have selected every possible combination that I could think of as far as audio goes.  I found an article related to the second problem that I am having (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838659) but it only pertained to Windows XP.  There was a solution that I found while scouring the Internet that seemed to work for some people, in which a new Administrator account was created to help resolve the issue.  I tried this possible solution and it didn't solve the problem that I am having at all.  If there is any one out there gracious enough to help, thanks to you!
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:18 AM