Decline meeting requests that has more than 1 room in the booking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a I guess a simple yes or no question concerning exchange 2010 and outlook 2013.
    The question comes from our facilities manager. 
    We're having trouble managing our meeting rooms correctly.

So as a start she would like to block any meeting request that has more than 1 room/resource in the booking.

for example you would like to book a meeting with MeetingRoom1 & MeetingRoom2. Exchange would then decline this request just because it has more than 1 meeting room booked even though both are free.

do you think this is possible? if no then it's a no. if yes then... is it also possible to apply this only to specific rooms or does it apply on all rooms configured in exchange 2010.

thanks for your time!

Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:26 PM

Answers

• Y dont you simply set the user to be the resource delegate on room mailbox and set the automatic processing parameter to Autoupdate 

In this way she will be the one to accept or reject the meeting requests

Get-calendarprocessing -Identity "Room mailbox" | fl Resourcedelegate, Automaticprocessing, bookinpolicy

In order to set it you can use Set-Calendarprocessing

Other than this you can tweak with below attributes on a specific room mailbox 

-BookInPolicy users who are allowed to submit in-policy meeting requests to the resource mailbox. Add the user in this list and the rest of the users would be blocked 

Hope above info will help 

• Edited by Akabe Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kanga Moussa Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:36 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:41 PM

All replies

• Y dont you simply set the user to be the resource delegate on room mailbox and set the automatic processing parameter to Autoupdate 

In this way she will be the one to accept or reject the meeting requests

Get-calendarprocessing -Identity "Room mailbox" | fl Resourcedelegate, Automaticprocessing, bookinpolicy

In order to set it you can use Set-Calendarprocessing

Other than this you can tweak with below attributes on a specific room mailbox 

-BookInPolicy users who are allowed to submit in-policy meeting requests to the resource mailbox. Add the user in this list and the rest of the users would be blocked 

Hope above info will help 

• Edited by Akabe Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kanga Moussa Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:36 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, it is possible, and should be applied on all rooms in Exchange 2010.

My test as below:

1. User1 sends a meeting request to User2, and books two rooms at the same time:

2. Then User1 receives the messages that the booking has been accepted from both rooms:

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Hi thanks for your time to investigate on my issue.

The thing is that I wasn't looking for a way to accepts the room requests but to decline them.

I wanted exchange to decline the requests to both rooms if the request contains more then 1 room.

I think the best solution is what was proposed above by "Akabe".

thanks tho

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:40 PM
  • Thans for your reply Akabe!

I explained it the way you did to the facilities manger and she just renounced to this tweak.

she doesn't want to be spammed by meeting room requests and checking them one by one.

thanks for you reply!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:43 PM
  • You welcome:)

Glad i was able to help 

Please feel free to ask any further question

Have a good one 

Abrar Kaberi| MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer | https://www.linkedin.com/in/abrar-kaberi-46a483102/

• Edited by Akabe Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:46 PM