downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support team :

we are a company sales windows 10 pro package , some of our client needs windows 7 .... is it possible to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 using windows 10 key ? how to do it ?

thank you

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:23 PM

Answers

• just to insure :
    I have non windows PCs , the windows 10 package is separated and it was never used or scratched ... so , is there any way to use windows 10 key to downgrade to windows 7 ... even if i have to contact with the local distributer ! or it's completely impossible !?  

As far as I know, there should be no way to downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 and a Windows 10 product key cannot be used to install and activate Windows 7.
    Anyway, you could try contacting your local reseller/distributor and ask for confirmation.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Omar.

According to what you write, I presume that the computers were originally equipped with Windows 10: if that's the case, Windows 7 must be installed from scratch and you need to have Windows 7 licenses (thus, product keys) to install Windows 7.
    Windows 10 product key code cannot be used to install and activate Windows 7.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:32 PM
  • just to insure :
    I have non windows PCs , the windows 10 package is separated and it was never used or scratched ... so , is there any way to use windows 10 key to downgrade to windows 7 ... even if i have to contact with the local distributer ! or it's completely impossible !?  
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:51 PM
  • just to insure :

As far as I know, there should be no way to downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 and a Windows 10 product key cannot be used to install and activate Windows 7.
    Anyway, you could try contacting your local reseller/distributor and ask for confirmation.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to install Windows 7, you need to use Window 7 product key.

Windows 10 key is used to activate Windows 10 system.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:16 AM