How do I see and modify what sites is in "Low IL Compat" mode in IE10 on Windows 7 x64 running in Enhanced Security Mode? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I see and modify what sites is in "Low IL Compat" mode in IE10 on Windows 7 x64 running in Enhanced Security Mode?

/Aldus

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:39 PM

Answers

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabProcConfig

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Aldus_Monitor Friday, March 15, 2013 7:27 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 3:35 AM

All replies

• type

javascript:alert(navigator.platform);

in the IE address bar

or

javascript:alert(navigator.cpuClass);

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:11 PM
  • Thank you, your answer shows if the current tab is in x64 or x86 mode and works fine.

But I would really like to see all sites that has been selected to be in x86 "Low IL Compat" mode and also to edit this list.
    If an extension has changed and are compatible now but were incompatible before I would like to change the site back into normal x64 mode after updating the extension.

Regards

Aldus

/Aldus

Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:29 PM
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabProcConfig

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Aldus_Monitor Friday, March 15, 2013 7:27 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 3:35 AM
  • Thanks!

This was the answer i was searching for. I had looked in the HKLM side before and there I could not find anything.

Just out of curiosity: Is there any way for a user (with GUI) to change this? Compability View has lists in the GUI and same with security options ("Sites") but this setting seems to be missing for x64/x86 mode per site?
    If not: Maybe this is a bug/missing feature in IE10? Hopefully this will be adressed in an update or next version.

/Aldus

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Dunno?

I haven't seen any documentation at all, except for the Win8 description of EPM...

I had a question for the IETeam along the same lines, but they never respond back (for testing purposes how do re-establish EPM for a site?)

I would imagine that an IE Reset would set all user settings back to their defaults...including EPM exceptions.

I haven't fully finished testing it on Win7 yet, but running local active content has been fixed..

Rob^_^

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:05 AM
  • If i havent got this all wrong it will be a coming problem if you want all users to be in EPM mode but still want to be able to use Java or some other "accepted" extensions. I think that Java 64-bit does not work in EPM today but maybe this will be fixed? Then all Java sites should be moved back to EPM mode.
    This can be acchived with simple login-reg-scripts but it is an annoyance anyway.

/Aldus

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:30 AM