authentication in AD (802.1x) RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening everyone.
    I have a problem and I will like to have someone help me, my poblème is that I installed the Policy Server NPS  (2008 server) and AD (2003 server), I work on comp 802.1x but 'users of the domain can't authenticate to AD via the cisco switch 2960 and the NPS, knowing that I took the test lab (NAP_802.1x_StepByStep). plus I have make  the inclusion of NPS in AD by the link in nps (nps put in active directory)
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:03 AM

Answers

• Hi ingrestel,

Thanks for posting here.

> I work on comp 802.1x but 'users of the domain can't authenticate to AD via the cisco switch 2960 and the NPS,

If user can’t pass the authentication what about the computer ? will it be accessible form your network before user logon? Please select the “Authenticate as computer when computer information is available” check box, and in Computer authentication, click an option to specify how the computer should attempt authentication in connection profile.

Meanwhile, it’s recommended you to recheck your 802.1x infrastructure  settings with following the procedures in the article below :

802.1X Authenticated Wired Access

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753354(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:15 AM