none
Exception error

Question

• Hi,

I apologize if this is not the right section, this seemed to be the most suitable.

I am using a 3D Connexion mouse and when I try to execute an executable file for the software configuration, I get the following error?

"Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Configuration.Internal.ConfigurationManagerInternal' to type 'System.Configuration.Internal.IConfigSystem'"

I've talked with the mouse vendor and they have no idea.  My OS is Win7 64.  Does anybody know what this is?

Friday, January 22, 2016 2:26 PM

Answers

• Download the latest software.

Carey Frisch

Friday, January 22, 2016 5:37 PM
  • Hi DINKR8,

We have received the message regarding to your issue. Since you are using the 3rd party software, we would like to suggest you contact the software vendor for more help. If you suppose the issue is caused by the mouse, you need to go to the manufacturer website to download the latest driver version and install it.

Also, you could use Windows Troubleshooter to fix it. Please go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Configure a device".

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 25, 2016 5:42 AM

All replies

• Download the latest software.

Carey Frisch

Friday, January 22, 2016 5:37 PM
  • Hi DINKR8,

We have received the message regarding to your issue. Since you are using the 3rd party software, we would like to suggest you contact the software vendor for more help. If you suppose the issue is caused by the mouse, you need to go to the manufacturer website to download the latest driver version and install it.

Also, you could use Windows Troubleshooter to fix it. Please go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Configure a device".

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 25, 2016 5:42 AM