Outlook Crash on Infopath Task Reassignment RRS feed

• Question

• Using Outlook Pro 2010 or 2013. SharePoint 2013.

I have a task that is an OOTB workflow approval task created on SharePoint.

The Task gets emailed to someone within the company. They open the email and click "Open this Task..." from the top of the email.

The form downloads and opens fine, but if the user clicks "Reassign Task" and in the box "Reassign Task To" type in a name to reassign the task to, then clicks the verify person button, OR if they click the address book button, Outlook crashes, showing "Microsoft Outlook has stopped working" dialog box.

In the event viewer I see the following:

Error - Application Error:

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 15.0.4719.1001, time stamp: 0x55377d70
    Faulting module name: PEOPLE~1.DLL, version: 15.0.4567.1000, time stamp: 0x52721a19
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000f279
    Faulting process id: 0x3204
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d09a2f70434915
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office15\PEOPLE~1.DLL
    Report Id: cd78fa6f-0622-11e5-8263-d8fc93872bec
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Information - Windows Error Reporting:

Fault bucket 74240423445, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: OUTLOOK.EXE
    P2: 15.0.4719.1001
    P3: 55377d70
    P4: PEOPLE~1.DLL
    P5: 15.0.4567.1000
    P6: 52721a19
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 0000f279
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\temp\92670296.cvr
    C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\temp\CVR3BB8.tmp.cvr
    C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\temp\WERAB0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_OUTLOOK.EXE_4e5fceb59b1a69125be93783cea452c5bc7f490_00000000_226e801f

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: cd78fa6f-0622-11e5-8263-d8fc93872bec
    Report Status: 0
    Hashed bucket: 351b0511cffcc587f58c3ca8fa5a08b1

If I click the link in the email and open the task in IE, I can reassign the task from there and it works as expected. 

I had posted the same question here but was told to post it in this forum as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chad

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Chad,

I recommend to use Fiddler to track the request when clicking the Reassign Task button in the form in Outlook to see what the error is for the request.

Please also install at least March 2015 CU for SharePoint 2013.

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn789211%28v=office.14%29?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the tip.

I ended up finding out the problem with this, turned out the problem is that in IIS there are multiple bindings set on the website.

Here is the error that I was getting on the server:

WebHost failed to process a request.
     Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/37276933
     Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/_vti_bin/spclaimproviderwebservice.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. If your service is being hosted in IIS you can fix the problem by setting 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' to true or specifying 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/baseAddressPrefixFilters'.
    Parameter name: item. ---> System.ArgumentException: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. If your service is being hosted in IIS you can fix the problem by setting 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' to true or specifying 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/baseAddressPrefixFilters'.
    Parameter name: item
       at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item)
       at System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item)
       at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor(Uri[] addresses)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
     Process Name: w3wp
     Process ID: 8872

But in the web.config file it was not set like this:

<system.serviceModel>
      <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" />
    </system.serviceModel>

I made the change like above, but now I am running into a new problem on the website (not in outlook anymore).

Say I was going to add a new person to be a site collecction administrator somewhere, I would type their name into the box, but now I am getting an error saying: "Sorry, we're having trouble reaching the server"

If I change multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" --> multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="false"

The website works, but Outlook does not.

I think I just need to modify my web.config differently, but not sure how.

This is the error I get in Event Viewer when trying to add a site collection administrator somewhere:

WebHost failed to process a request.
     Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/61442358
     Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/_vti_bin/client.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  
     The exception message is: When 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' is set to true in configuration, the endpoints a
     re required to specify a relative address. If you are specifying a relative listen URI on the endpoint, then the address can be absolute. To fix this problem, specify a relative uri for endpoint 'http://dsp*******.*******.com/_vti_bin/client.svc'.. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: When 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' is set to true in configuration, the endpoints are required to specify a relative address. If you are specifying a relative listen URI on the endpoint, then the address can be absolute. To fix this problem, specify a relative uri for endpoint 'http://dsp*******.*******.com/_vti_bin/client.svc'.
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ApplyHostConfigurationBehavior.ThrowIfAbsolute(Uri uri)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ApplyHostConfigurationBehavior.FailActivationIfEndpointsHaveAbsoluteAddress(ServiceHostBase service)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.ValidateDescription(ServiceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.InitializeServiceHost(ServiceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Services.MultipleBaseAddressWebServiceHost.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
     Process Name: w3wp
     Process ID: 8872

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:25 PM
  • Hi Chad,

I recommend to remove multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" in web.config file and then check how it works.

Please refer to the link below for more details:
    https://sharepoint4u.wordpress.com/tag/multiplesitebindingsenabled/

Thanks,
    Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:25 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

Putting in the multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" is what fixed the issue in Outlook, I have removed it because of what it broke, but now Outlook isn't working anymore.

On that blog you linked, they said, "And more importantly never ever manually add site binding into the IIS console"

I don't know what the side effects of removing the bindings in IIS will do, if I remove them from there, do I need to make changes elsewhere?

Thanks,

Chad

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:25 AM
  • Hi Chad,

You do not need to make any other changes.

Thanks,

Victoria

Monday, June 8, 2015 1:52 AM