none
Prevent Internet Access (yet again) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I'm testing Windows Steady State on a Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 with XP + SP2 and came to the following problem:

I am  trying to prevent the internet access with the exceptions of a few sites on about 40 workstations in a school.

If I check " prevent internet...(beside the websites below)" and enter the domains, in my case e.g. www.arbeitsagentur.DE;www.google.DE  , I can't access any sites, not even the exceptions.

We are NOT using a proxy and as you can see I did not include any prefixes - does steady state bother with .DE domains or any other domains but .com?

I already tried the "manual Proxy configuration" with "inetcpl.cpl" as suggested in the most other threads refering to this topic, the exceptions worked just well. But since I have to configure about 40 workstations for our customer it is NOT possible to configure every workstations manually.

And yet another question:

is it possible to export the "SCTSettings.adm" from the ADM directory to import it into another installation? Or is there any other .ini like file?

We use different user names on the workstation (TN-10 to TN-53) - it therefore is not possible to export the user-settings from Steady State itself, right? (Please corret me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for your support

with kind regards

Lukas

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:43 AM

Answers

All replies