Powershell Modules and/or libraries RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm looking for some general advice on what the best way for me to share multiple scripts with my team. I am by no means an powershell expert but I've composed a few purpose specific scripts that my entire team uses on a daily/weekly basis. As of right now, everyone is coping the scripts locally to their machines to execute as needed but I'm pretty sure I can bundle these into a model or library. This would give me a single point to for revision updates while allowing them to pull from one location. Does anyone have any experience in this or can provide an assistance, how-to's, reading material on how to make model. Do I have the terminology correctly in which a model is what I want, or is it called something else?

How I envision this working. Tech's start powershell, run 'import-model engineering' and then have access to all the scripts that I've composed. They should be able to call the script by its name and then either enter variable that go along with said script or simply follow the on screen prompts (press 1 for this option..etc)

Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• You cab use a repository or just place the projects on a file share.

I recommend first learning basic PowerShell so you will understand how PS is intended to work and what is available to it.

There are numerous other applications that can support the "team" concept.  Research Visual Studio, VSCode, NuGet, Sapien PowerShell Studio and others.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:50 PM