none
DHCP not find NAS server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

When I add my Synology nas to my dhcp I can't find it under address Leases. I had added same dns ip address like my windows server dhcp but still seen that is connected. 

My dhcp work perfect with other windows machines. So do I need to connect via domain like other win machines or isn't must to do that ? 

Please help I'm little bit lost.

Best regards

Zlatan Smajic

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Zlatan,

>>When I add my Synology nas to my dhcp I can't find it under address Leases.

Have you checked if NAS server has obtained address from DHCP server?>>So do I need to connect via domain like other win machines or isn't must to do that ? 

No, NAS did not need to join domain for address obtained.

Have you checked if there is related error events exist on NAS server? If yes, please post it to here for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bosancero Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:57 AM
    • Edited by John Lii Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Zlatan,

>>When I add my Synology nas to my dhcp I can't find it under address Leases.

Have you checked if NAS server has obtained address from DHCP server?>>So do I need to connect via domain like other win machines or isn't must to do that ? 

No, NAS did not need to join domain for address obtained.

Have you checked if there is related error events exist on NAS server? If yes, please post it to here for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards

John

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bosancero Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:57 AM
    • Edited by John Lii Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It was little bit strange, could not see all the that was logged inside my network and suddenly it find all devices. But what I could see it was that my NAS server is conflicted to another device. But my choice is that I returned back to my router to run dhcp there because dhcp on win server is unstable, and internet access works perfect and then not. So when I get my prof. firewall then I will try to return back to my win server then try to fix this.

Best regards

ZS

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi Zlatan,

You could check if there are error events exist on DHCP server for further troubleshooting.

>>firewall then I will try to return back to my win server then try to fix this.

If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to post it in the forum.

Best Regards

John

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:04 AM