none
Upgrade path from MDT2013 Update2 to MDT build 8450 RRS feed

• Question

• The release notes state that build 8450 supports upgrading a Deployment Share from version 8443.    Should I upgrade to MDT 8443 first before upgrading to build 8450?   I don't want to mangle my deployment share leading me to recreate TSes, and all the nightmare that entails...

Friday, November 2, 2018 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hey Robert,

Yeah Go ahead and upgrade MDT to 8450, As many issues has been fixed with this release and enjoy it.. But Before Upgrading to latest one Don't forget to take BackUp of DeploymentShare As It's best practice to ignore any Issues.

Sunday, November 4, 2018 3:41 PM
  • If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 8443, then you should consider recreating your TSs since TS templates (ts.xml / unattend.xml) changed slightly with the 8443 release. I always tend to recommend following Johan's guide as it outlines all steps involved in moving from an earlier MDT release to build 8450. Good luck with your deployments!

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, November 5, 2018 8:55 AM