none
DPM 2010 - Automatic Recovery Point Creation RRS feed

• Question

• We've installed DPM 2010 in our lab environment for testing. Just to clarify, I'm used to the symantec apporach of backups with full + incremental each week etc.

Everything is set up and my protection groups are all green, however no recovery points are created. Ran the initial creation when setting up protection groups, and that's the only recovery point for each group. Running recovery point creation manually works just fine and the recovery point shows and is updated.

No errors or warnings in event viewer, and everything seems fine.

Obviously I'm missing something, but any googling and reading articles, I can't find anything. Any push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Friday, July 22, 2011 11:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Was this a default install of DPM on a dedicated server with DPM installing SQL - if not most likely it's a permissions issue with the SQL agent.  

Make sure that the SQL agent service is running.  Also, open SQL management studio and attach to the msdpm2010 instance and see if sql jobs show failures - troubleshoot the cause of the failure.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by aagea Friday, July 22, 2011 1:43 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Was this a default install of DPM on a dedicated server with DPM installing SQL - if not most likely it's a permissions issue with the SQL agent.  

Make sure that the SQL agent service is running.  Also, open SQL management studio and attach to the msdpm2010 instance and see if sql jobs show failures - troubleshoot the cause of the failure.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by aagea Friday, July 22, 2011 1:43 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Must've been brainlag. Didn't even think to check events on the SQL-server side.

Loads of errors in the agent log. I'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:46 PM