Media Center - Doesn't find channels RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've never used MCE before, so please forgive me if I ask a question with an obvious answer.

I've just installed a Hauppage Nova-T 500 MCE tuner card and am trying to use Media Center in Vista RC1. When I try to scan for services, it recognizes both tuners on the card, but it won't recognize any channels.  I've checked the signal using my STB and it's at 70% strength, 100% quality. 

Can I manually add the channels by editing the MCETuningOverrides.xml and if so, is there a reference for this?

I'm in London, UK on the Crystal Palace transmitter.

Cheers,

Derek.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 9:30 PM

All replies

•  

I am also on the Crystal Palace Transmitter and have a Hauppage Nova-T 500 too. I am experiencing the same problem, I had to uninstall WinTV to get MCE to recognise my card but before doing to It found all my local channels, whereas MCE finds none...

Help please - I bought Windows XP MCE especially for its 'better' TV tuner functionality to no avail Sad

Cheers,

Martin

Saturday, August 2, 2008 10:38 PM
  • Martin, you should post your question in the Media Center 2005 forums over at thegreenbutton.com.
    This forum is for Windows Vista; and, TGB is full of Media Center experts.  Smile
    Cheers,

Saturday, August 2, 2008 11:21 PM