Lost Folders in Vista? RRS feed

• Question

• My sister is using Vista Home edition and cannot find a number of her file folders.  She is sure they have not been deleted but they do not appear in any view.  How can I find her "lost" folders?
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:55 PM

Answers

• My sister is using Vista Home edition and cannot find a number of her file folders.  She is sure they have not been deleted but they do not appear in any view.  How can I find her "lost" folders?
    Did you try going to "Search" at the top of the screen? IF you open up "Documents" at the top on the right should be a place to "Search", try this. Also, if you go to the "Start Button" at the bottom of your screen and open it up (this is where all of your programs and such are), there should be a blank box at the bottom, type in the document name (exact name if you know it).

I couldn't find one of my work files and I tried it the last way and I found it because it's telling the computer to search all programs and user accounts too.

if you do find it, look at the top of the window and it will tell you where it's located.

Hope this helps!
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:18 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:09 PM