I can´t uninstall Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Before writing this post I've been informing myself in several urls and blogs but I don't know how to face it or which is the best way, maybe a senior administrator who has fought with Exchange 2003 can help me.

I have a client who recently had a domain evolution from 2003 to 2016. One of the old w2k3 dc's (now unpromoted) had Exchange server 2003 + BlackBerry Enterprise Server running on another server. Right now the client has o365. From what I've been heard, the migration to o365 was done by uploading the psts files.

I find myself in the position of having to uninstall Exchange. The situation is as follows.

SrvX (VM): It has Exchange with the information store and the public folder disassembled...the bbdd were in partition D:\...which no longer exists...

SrvBesX (VM) This machine is switched off.

I uninstall the old BES, thenI tried to delete RUS and both servers (exchange+BES) via ADSI and after that I executed the exchange wizard to uninstall Exchange server. There were one error in Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration services. Right now I´m stuck.

This is the message

multiple components cannot be assigned the requested actions because:

To install the first exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in /foresprep mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard.

Thank you very much for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

JAS

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:19 AM

Answers

• Thank you so much for your support Olivier.

Yeah!, I saw the url that you posted it before but I haven´t done all points.

I have advance a little bit more. Using ADSI I have deleted the CN=Microsoft Exchange Server folder and the exchange wizard has continued but right now I have another different error.

Facility: LDAP Provider
    ID no: 80072030
    Microsoft Exchange Setup

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

JAS

This error come with uninstallation ?

If yes,  dont run the wizard when you have deleted objects in adsiedit (as url show)

80072030 = no such objet on server (missing ad objects).

if you want to have the server usefull without exchange, follow the URL.

if you dont care to clean the server (services, files, registry) then, just shutdown this server after the adsi cleanup.

Olivier

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to close the thread when all is aswered. and vote for every helped answer.

• Proposed as answer by Troy Werelius Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by jas1691977 Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:59 PM
  • Np. 2003 is always hard to remove.

dont forget to close the thread with mark as answer. and vote for helpfull message :)

• Marked as answer by jas1691977 Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

this is a guide for failed exchange 2003 uninstallation

https://blogs.msmvps.com/bradley/2011/01/28/manually-removing-exchange-2003-from-the-migration-process/

At the middle, you will see : "Remove the Exchange Server 2003 server from Active Directory"

For your error, check if you have :
    Enterprise admin

Schema admin,

and Exchange Organization Management role group membership if you have it (you need to have already prepare the domain)

Olivier.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:06 PM

I have advance a little bit more. Using ADSI I have deleted the CN=Microsoft Exchange Server folder and the exchange wizard has continued but right now I have another different error.

Microsoft Exchange Setup

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

JAS

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Microsoft Exchange Setup

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

JAS

This error come with uninstallation ?

If yes,  dont run the wizard when you have deleted objects in adsiedit (as url show)

80072030 = no such objet on server (missing ad objects).

if you want to have the server usefull without exchange, follow the URL.

if you dont care to clean the server (services, files, registry) then, just shutdown this server after the adsi cleanup.

Olivier

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to close the thread when all is aswered. and vote for every helped answer.

• Proposed as answer by Troy Werelius Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by jas1691977 Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:59 PM
  • Hi Olivier,

Yes, it comes from uninstall wizard form add or remove programs.

This server will be shut down because it is an old windows server 2003, right now it´s not necessary to maintain it. 

Just wanted to clean some rubbish of exchange 

I understand that exchange has been "removed" because in ADSI there is no exchange server key, in AD Site and SErvices there are only de current fresh DC in 2k19, old dns records has been removed.

Thanks for all Olivier.

JAS

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Np. 2003 is always hard to remove.

dont forget to close the thread with mark as answer. and vote for helpfull message :)

• Marked as answer by jas1691977 Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:26 PM