Exchange Server Mail sending Mechanism RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Exchange 2016 to route all the mails to a smart Host capable of receive mails.

If 50 users are sending mails at a time, does the exchange route the mails in a sequential order or all the mails are routed in parallel  to the smart Host.

If possible is there any configuration which can be set to change it from sequential to parallel routing or vice-versa.

Thanks and Regards

Jaya Prakash

Friday, March 23, 2018 5:53 AM

Answers

• Hello Jaya Prakash,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

For the configuration of smarthost it’s recommended to advise the vendor of the smarthost, per my knowledge, it’s sequential since we know the message are all queued in the delivery queues, and we can’t change it. On Exchange server side we have three levels on messages sending/receiving of the message rate limits and throttling.

For detailed messages and configuring ways, please refer to: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232205(v=exchg.160).aspx

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 26, 2018 2:07 AM

All replies

• Hello Jaya Prakash,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

For the configuration of smarthost it’s recommended to advise the vendor of the smarthost, per my knowledge, it’s sequential since we know the message are all queued in the delivery queues, and we can’t change it. On Exchange server side we have three levels on messages sending/receiving of the message rate limits and throttling.

For detailed messages and configuring ways, please refer to: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232205(v=exchg.160).aspx

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 26, 2018 2:07 AM
  • Thanks Jason.

That answered my question.

Regards

Jaya Prakash

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:59 AM