DQS Client - All options grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• The install of DQS completed without error.  I can connect to the DQS server with the client, but all options are grayed out (unable to create or maintain DQS KB or create or maintain DQ project)
    • Edited by jaredww Monday, September 26, 2011 1:36 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the quick response Omer!

I just resolved the issue.  I only had access to the database server through a Windows Group assigned to the sysadmin role.  I created a separate login with my Windows NT user account mapped to the SA role and it all works fine now.

Thanks,

Jared

Monday, September 26, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure that the user with whom you login from the client is associated with one of the 3 dqs roles (dqs_administrator, dqs_kb_editor, dqs_kb_operator) in the databases DQS_MAIN. You do this through SSMS.

See more details here.

Thanks,

Omer

• Proposed as answer by Kumar Vivek Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:05 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:07 PM

I just resolved the issue.  I only had access to the database server through a Windows Group assigned to the sysadmin role.  I created a separate login with my Windows NT user account mapped to the SA role and it all works fine now.

Thanks,

Jared

Monday, September 26, 2011 2:19 PM

Thanks,

Jared

I have just observed this as well.  Is it known whether the DQS Client requires an individual/singleton, i.e, non-Group, login?   I am trying to perform as much of my access control as possible through active directory groups, and I would be quite disappointed to be required to create and manage of individual accounts to use DQS.
    Monday, November 7, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

In SQL Server 2012 RC0 build (released last week), access control should work also with groups. Please upgrade to RC0 and check this again, if possible.

Upgrade instructions from CTP3 to RC0 can be found here.

Thanks,

Omer

Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:16 AM