none
Remote Connection to DPM server RRS feed

• Question

• With DPM 2012 i believe you can connect to the server remotely from a client ? i have installed DPM 2012 on the server and the DPM remote administration tools on my workstation but when i try to connect to the dpm server using the remote tools it comes back saying

"The computer dpm.domain.com is either not a dpm server or it does not support centralised management and troubleshooting"

I havent installed anything into scom as we dont want to monitor it via scom, should i just be able to run the remote admin tools on my workstation and connect to the server ?

Cheers in advance

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Yes you can connect to DPM remotely from a client with DPM 2012. Are you running a firewall on the DPM server? Also can you ping the DPM server?

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:23 PM