none
Server Essentials 2012 R2 integration with Exchange Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Given that client subscribed exchange online instead of office 365, I was just wondering if it possible to integrate Server Essentials 2012 R2 with Exchange Online using the Office365 plugin.. I have read somewhere that it actually works. Can anyone confirm this?

thank you,

Luis

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, there are online products included in O365, such as SharePoint online, Skype for Business online, also, Exchange Online is one of them. 

If your subscription is only Exchange Online, according to Microsoft Official article, there is no clear indication about the supporting. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by luiscarvalho Friday, March 17, 2017 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

Maybe this is the place you read about it?

Manage Office 365 in Windows Server Essentials

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj593240(v=ws.11).aspx

There can be obstacles.  For example I don't think it will work very well over dial up or maybe not satellite.  Please test on your server and let us know.

If you have additional questions, please post back.

Larry Struckmeyer [MVP]-- --If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:50 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there are online products included in O365, such as SharePoint online, Skype for Business online, also, Exchange Online is one of them. 

If your subscription is only Exchange Online, according to Microsoft Official article, there is no clear indication about the supporting. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

Given that client subscribed exchange online instead of office 365, I was just wondering if it possible to integrate Server Essentials 2012 R2 with Exchange Online using the Office365 plugin.. I have read somewhere that it actually works. Can anyone confirm this?

thank you,

Luis

Yes, it should work fine. Exchange Online is essentially just one of the available Office 365 plans.
    • Unmarked as answer by luiscarvalho Friday, March 17, 2017 11:34 AM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:35 AM