none
how to create new storage group and mailbox database on exchange 2007 CCR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Our Environment:

Exchange 2007 SP3 CCR.

Now I want to create a new storage group with edb file and log files on the new drive.

My plan is as below:

Once we have new drive ready on both active node and passive node,

1): Create new storage group with log files for this new storage group on other new drive from Active Node.

2): Create new mailbox database under this newly created storage group with the DB file on the new drive from active node.

My question is:

1): Do I need to perform above steps from active node only? or Do I need to do it from both active node and passive node?

2): How many storage groups can we create on one Exchange 2007 Enterprise server, we already have 25 SGs in place.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here are my answers you can refer to:
    1. We can just create new storage group on the active node. And it’ll be replicated to the passive node.
    We can use the following command in EMS to verify the new Storage Group is being replicated to the passive node:
    Get-StorageGroupCopyStatus "Second Storage Group" | Select SummaryCopyStatus,CCRTargetNode
    http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/08/how-to-create-new-storage-group-in-ccr.html
    2. For Exchange 2007 enterprise version, we can have up to 50 storage groups:
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2007/exchange2007_storage_groups.htm
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:44 AM