Display driver can’t be installed normally on my Windows 7 Asus computer, please help! RRS feed

• Question

• One day morning when I opened my Win 7 Asus computer, I found the icons on my desktop is so big. I adjusted the screen display resolution back to normally. But I found there is still something wrong with my screen. When I opened the Device Manager, I found the Display driver (NVIDIA GeForce GT730) can’t be installed normally. I tried to update drive software, but it said “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. And now my Windows Sleep mode and Hibernate is disabled. What is wrong with my display driver? Any help is very appreciated. 

display driver can't be installed

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hi imJosephs,

Try to uninstall your Display adapter driver from the Safe mode. Normally, you can press F8 key to get into safe mode (it will be various on different models of pc), open the Device Manager, uninstall the Display adapter driver. And then restart your computer, it will detect and reinstall your display driver.

• Marked as answer by imJosephs Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:47 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 1:36 PM

All replies

• Generally error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, outdated , or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I shall suggest you to open Device Manager:

1. Locate display adapter
    2. Expand it to find the graphic card driver
    3. Right click on it and select Uninstall (along with application software)
    4. Reboot
    5. Let OS detect the hardware
    6. Get connected with the internet and visit Nvidia's support site to download and install the latest driver which will be compatible with your graphic card and OS.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:27 AM
  • If you download the latest driver from NVIDIA (GeForce) page, please download and install it.

cf. You can choose an appropriate driver manually or make it automatically.

Ashidacchi

Monday, January 29, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Dear S.Sengupta,

Thanks for your help. I follow your instructions to uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce GT 730 driver from my computer and reboot it. After restarting, my OS detects the drive and installs it again, but fail to install the display driver.

And then I go to the Nvidia’s support site to download the latest driver, but it says “The NVIDIA Smart Scan repuires the latest version of Java”, I don’t know whether is needed. So, I download and install the Java, but it doesn’t work, I can’t download the driver too. Is there something wrong with it?

Monday, January 29, 2018 1:20 PM
  • Hi imJosephs,

Try to uninstall your Display adapter driver from the Safe mode. Normally, you can press F8 key to get into safe mode (it will be various on different models of pc), open the Device Manager, uninstall the Display adapter driver. And then restart your computer, it will detect and reinstall your display driver.

• Marked as answer by imJosephs Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:47 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Hi imJosephs,

Use another browser, and go to the site to download the driver, instead of auto detect:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/130635/en-us

In addition, you can check for Windows updates in Control Panel>Windows Update>check for updates.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Thanks for all of your help, I search for the driver on NVIDIA manually, but I don’t know which one to download for my Asus-B85M computer with Windows 7 64-bit. I install the NVIDIA GeForce Experience that was downloaded on my computer before by somebody else, but it can’t help to install my display driver too. At last I uninstall the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 from safe mode, and restart my PC, and then the OS automatically detects and installs the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter on my computer. I hope it work well.

• Edited by imJosephs Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:46 AM
  • To detect your Nvidia model and model nr use Aida64. i sugest you removing all nvidia files from system before uninstall or install your new Nvidia driver.see this (https://www.solvedfast.com/uninstall-the-driver-and-delete-driver-files-to-prevent-reinstalling/)
    Friday, February 16, 2018 6:25 PM