More Outlook problems - "no results' in search RRS feed

• Question

• Continuing with my Outlook issues I now get 'No Results' when I try and search through my emails.

In answer to questions

Yes - I have re-indexed

Yes - I have made sure all updates are loaded

Yes - I have tried changing from All Mailboxes to a single one

No - there is no error message or event logged 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:02 PM

All replies

• I have discover though I don't have a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\ directory (or even a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search directory)

How do I go about constructing/rebuilding this?

Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

For Exchange account, do you have cached Exchange mode enabled?

If you go to Control Pane > Indexing Options, was Outlook or PST files listed? We could re-enable Outlook for indexing. To do this, please refer to the steps below:

1. Click Modify. Uncheck Outlook.

2. Wait for a while and then go to Indexing Options.

3. Click Modify and tick Outlook again.

4. Restart Outlook to check the results.

If issue persists, this could be related with corrupted data files. Please try repairing Outlook data files to see if you can search normally.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 5:36 AM
  • Hi Perry

It's POP

Indexing is Outlook - there isn't anywhere to distinguish between Outlook and pst file(s)?

Have run and repaired with scanpst, tried unticking/reticking Outlook waited a bit longer had a look and still nothing :(

Have downloaded Lookeen and that works fine so don't think it's a pst issue (I think I like Lookeen better than the Outlook search!)

PS Using Office 365 on Win 7 pro

Friday, September 28, 2018 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

What's the detailed version of Outlook? As far As I know, there was a known issue that Outlook search may return no search results for POP, IMAP, or Exchange accounts after updating to Version 1801 (Build 9001.2171). Please check more details in this link to see whether this is the case for you.

If this is not the case for you, we can click “Troubleshoot search and indexing” in Indexing Options to see if it helps.

Besides, it could also be related with your profile. If you have set to leave a copy of messages on the server, we could create a new profile to test if you can search normally.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 9:14 AM
  • Hi

It's Ver 1803 (Build 9126.2282)

Troubleshooting didn't find any problem/issues

Created new profile using son's outlook email and the search on that worked fine so maybe it is a profile issue.

Any ideas what I should do next?

Thansk

Friday, September 28, 2018 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

>>Created new profile using son's outlook email and the search on that worked fine so maybe it is a profile issue.

What if we create a new test profile with your account?

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:45 AM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 7:28 AM
  • Just check if there are any updates with this issue.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:57 AM