App-v 5.1 : Change permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I try to create a package that must have write permission.

When I sequence and test it, it's OK, but when I publish the permission is read only.

I tried to understand the différence between PVAD and VFS, but I don't ...

Somebody can help me ?

Regards,

Didier

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:41 PM

Answers

• Where does it need permissions? What about enabeling VFS write.... open your package, go to the advanced tab, and check "allow VFS write..."

Roy Essers

• Marked as answer by Didier W Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:59 PM

All replies

• Where does it need permissions? What about enabeling VFS write.... open your package, go to the advanced tab, and check "allow VFS write..."

Roy Essers

• Marked as answer by Didier W Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:59 PM
  • I did that, but nothing.

I have a directory in c:\app with Access file (accde) and I would change the permission to add everyone full control.

But I have read that the permissions changes are not kept during sequencing.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:51 AM
  • Did you sequenced your "c:\app"-folder into the VFS? Because that's a prerequisite if you want VFS-Write-Mode.

If you have no clue about the VFS, open your package with the sequencer 'for editing' and goto the 'Package File'-tab. Here you have all folders within your package. Is "C:\App" a subfolder of the VFS folder?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:05 PM
  • Thanks for your help.

I try to do this, but one app is on one directory, another app into another directory...

I must put the right directory to the PVAD ? to have RW permission, if PVAD is c:\App, I must install it in c:\App and not c:\App\xxx

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:48 AM
  • By default PVAD option in App-V 5.1 is hidden. If you haven't enabled PVAD via registry or launching shortcut with -EnablePVADControl, then it means you have sequenced it to VFS and all the files will be put into VFS. Try enabling Full VFS write in sequencer advanced tab as Roy has mentioned.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Friday, March 31, 2017 11:58 AM