Mobile device cannot connect to account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am currently running microsoft exchange 2010 service pack 1. We have configured active sync and for the most part is working on all of our mail accounts that have access to mobile phones. When I go into the mobile device console, I usually see the phone or mobile device the person is using to connect to the mailbox. However ,on one of the accounts, when I choose the mobile device option it doesnt show any device connected in the mobile device window and the person cannot sync from there iphone to the mailbox. The phone starts a sync with the account but disconnects and does not allow the phone to synce. This is only happening to this exchange mailbox account. Is there anything I can look at on there account to see why they cannot connect. We setup a test account and the phone was able to connect to the test mailbox. Thanks

visualbasicfrustrated

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:11 PM

Answers

• Are you sure it's a normal user and not an admin?

Test via RCA

Check the IIS logs to see what's going on.

Sukh

• Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Monday, July 30, 2012 8:49 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 4:13 PM

All replies

• Verify that security inheritance is enabled on their AD account.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:10 PM
  • Its not enabled. Does it have to be enabled?

visualbasicfrustrated

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Its not enabled. Does it have to be enabled?

visualbasicfrustrated

Yes. Also ensure that any mail-enabled account is not a member of a protected group

AdminSDHolder Thread Affects Transitive Members of Distribution Groups

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Friday, July 20, 2012 6:57 AM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:42 PM
  • I enabled the security inheritance feature and it still does not work. The account is also not a part of any protected group. The accounts primary group is "domain users". In fact some accounts do not have that inheritance feature checked and they can still sync there account.

visualbasicfrustrated

Friday, July 20, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Are you sure it's a normal user and not an admin?

Test via RCA

Check the IIS logs to see what's going on.

Sukh

• Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Monday, July 30, 2012 8:49 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 4:13 PM