How to create and present more volumes to an existing Exchange 2007 CCR? RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello to all, I need to create and present more volumes to a existing CCR using Exchange 2007 and have some questions. How to do it on detaled steps? Need to dismount existing databases or turn-off passive node before presenting Volumes from storage to Exchange 2007 CCR? How to do it involving passive node (timing of what and when do tasks), etc ?

Best regards, EEOC.

Monday, January 14, 2013 8:11 PM

Answers

• 1. Yes, when you would failover, active node would become passive node and you can work on that.

2. in this activity, your all SGs will be active. we are just moving them from one node to another so that we can work on passive node. but make sure not to touch the drives for existing SGs on passive node.

Thanks Prem P Rana MCSA Messaging 2003 MCSE 2003 Server MCTS MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 Gurgaon, India

• Marked as answer by EEOC Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:04 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi EEOC

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:26 AM
  • 1. Pause passive node in cluster and suspend the copy status in exchange.

2. Present the volume to the passsive node and format them to drives it would not impact active node.

3. Now resume the passive node failover to the passive node and follow the same steps on active node.

4. when you are able to see the similar drives on both the nodes, you can create exchange databases and cluster resources for them.

let me know if you need more details.

Thanks Prem P Rana MCSA Messaging 2003 MCSE 2003 Server MCTS MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 Gurgaon, India

• Proposed as answer by Sukh828 Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:54 PM
    Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:15 PM
  •    Hello Prem, thanks for the feedack. I have some questions:

a) on step 3 do yo mean that the previous passive (on step 1) node will be the active node (caused by fail over) and follow the same steps on the "new" passive nove, that is the previous active node, right?

b) After step 4, all SGs copy must be ativated again, right?

Best regards, EEOC.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:25 AM
  • 1. Yes, when you would failover, active node would become passive node and you can work on that.

2. in this activity, your all SGs will be active. we are just moving them from one node to another so that we can work on passive node. but make sure not to touch the drives for existing SGs on passive node.

• Marked as answer by EEOC Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:04 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:03 PM