SteadyState Window System 32 Appear RRS feed

• General discussion

• Experenced after Installing Steady state without even running it.

So I removed it from the Computer from Add/Remove programme.Did not see any noticable variation in startup speed.

But every time I start, after the Desktop is populated, System 32 window appears. It says, These are Sustem files, Hidden. Do youwant to open them?

How can I stop this window from appearing? When the Stady state is installed, it must be making some changed it settings for it to run. Then when the thing is removed some of the changes remain causing certain behaviors that is causing trouble? Am I imagining?? will some one who understand the SteadyState shed some light on my dowbts and resolve the issue of the appearing System32 Window.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have replied the same question you posted in another thread:Windows SteadyState slow STARTUP 

For your convenience, you include the reply here.

--------

From the problem description, currently I am not sure what’s the exact cause. But we can try a clean boot first to see if the problem continues. For how to perform a clean boot, please see : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/en-us.

If the problem still exists after a clean boot, I would like to collect more information  for further research:

1.       What is the user account that encountered the problem? How about other user or a new created user?

2.       If possible, could you send me a screenshot of the phenomenon via email (v-samyu@online.microsoft.com with no online)

3.       Please perform the following steps to collect the MPS Report(Setup Version).

a.       The setup version MPS tool can be downloaded from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspxFamilyId=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

b.      The log is written to a cab file under: %systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Reports\cab. Please send the cab file via email.

Friday, July 6, 2007 2:43 AM