none
Recovery Point for secondary DPM Server fails for System Protection on Primary DPM Server. RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently added another 2 RAID mirrors onto our DPM server and migrated the DPM Database onto one set and the Transaction Logfiles onto the other to improve performance.  However since doing this the System Protection for that DPM server fails (the backup is run on our other DPM server so DPM 1 protects DPM 2 and vice versa).  The drives on the DPM server are now configured as follows:

C: drive - 60Gb

E: drive - 78 Gb

F: drive - 70Gb

L: drive - 70 Gb

Originally there was only the C and E drives and the system protection was always successful.  The error I now receive is DPM is out of disk space which I do not understand as I have increased the disk allocation for this job to 300Gb for the Replica volume and 300 Gb for the Recovery Points but it still fails.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed?

Thanks.
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:14 PM

Answers

• This was resolved after further investigation.  When the disks had been added, Disk Management showed the previous disks as 'missing disks' in Windows.  When I deleted these the RPs were created successfully for System State and the backups are now running as normal again.
    • Marked as answer by chris624 Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:32 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:32 PM