none
Content editor web part RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to modify the content of my html source code at source editor, I was not able to do so and proceed to save the changes. I kept on received message as this:"Cannot save the property settings for this Web Part. The file is currently checked out or locked for editing by another user."

P/s: I was not able to find who locked the file actually. Or maybe it is not locked.

Does anyone have any idea about this? How can I enable the locked?

Thank you.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:26 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:44 AM

Answers

• You could look in two places to verify whether the page is checked out or not. 

• One is in the checked out column in the pages library 
    • The other is in the page layout column, if the page is being edited using SPD, you would see something like "/_layouts....". If not checked out, you would see just the name of page layout. 

• You could always override the checkout if you are a site collection administrator to complete your tasks. 

Thanks

V

V
    • Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:07 PM

All replies

• Check if the page is checked out. You need to cancel the check out from sharepoint designer.
    --Cheers
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:51 AM
  • You could look in two places to verify whether the page is checked out or not. 

• One is in the checked out column in the pages library 
    • The other is in the page layout column, if the page is being edited using SPD, you would see something like "/_layouts....". If not checked out, you would see just the name of page layout. 

• You could always override the checkout if you are a site collection administrator to complete your tasks. 

Thanks

V

V
    • Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:07 PM
  • Open page using Sharepoint Designer. It will show you the name , if it is checked out.

You make changed using SPD too.

Dare to promise
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:17 PM