none
Delete Outlook meeting room calendar subject for everyone except administrators RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using the following command to hide calendar item subject for all meetings in MeetingRoom1. However, I would like to set this to false for 2 administrators so they can still see meeting title

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity MeetingRoom1 -DeleteSubject  $true

Could you help me complete this and add exceptions to set false for 2 admins?

• Moved by jrv Monday, December 2, 2019 10:13 AM Better forum
    Monday, December 2, 2019 9:53 AM

All replies

• Start by reading the help for the CmdLet.

help Set-CalendarProcessing-ShowWindow

You cannot add parameters that don't exist.

You can also use the GUI or Outlook to adjust available properties of a calendar.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Monday, December 2, 2019 10:12 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2019 10:11 AM
  • Thanks!

The issue is setting -DeleteSubject to true hides the details and we want to show this detail to certain people. Is there away of achieving this?

Or are there scripts that can basically auto invite a group to new meeting setups whenever an external person with an email domain other than our company is added as an attendee? 

• Edited by Volker247 Monday, December 2, 2019 10:30 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2019 10:24 AM
  • Thanks!

The issue is setting -DeleteSubject to true hides the details and we want to show this detail to certain people. Is there away of achieving this?

Or are there scripts that can basically auto invite a group to new meeting setups whenever an external person with an email domain other than our company is added as an attendee? 

There is no such option available to show the delete subject only to specific set of users/admins.It can either be set as true or false.
    Monday, December 2, 2019 2:41 PM
  • Hi Volker247,

Have a try at this command, this will give the administrator Editor access rights to the room mailbox's calendar.

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity meetingroom1@contoso.com:\Calendar -User administrator@contoso.com -AccessRights Editor

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:10 AM
  • I have tried that and it does do as it says. However, I have used the above Powershell command to hide all future meeting calendar items meaning it still won't show the title to specific people.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:32 PM
  • Have you tried set -DeleteSubject to $false and then give other users AvailabilityOnly permissions while give administrators Editor permissions to the meeting room's calendar? This might be a better solution.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:59 AM