none
scorecard linking to analytic chart inside dashboard designer RRS feed

• Question

• This is the mdx query of the analytic chart which is working fine by itself without linking to scorecard.

SELECT
    HIERARCHIZE( { [Dim Area].[Area Name].&[Productivity] } ) * HIERARCHIZE( { [Dim Header].[Header Name].&[count] } )
    ON COLUMNS,

{ [Measures].[Measurement], [Measures].[Region Measurement], [Measures].[Avg Measurement] }
    ON ROWS

FROM [Test]

WHERE ( [Dim Region].[Region].&[Atlantic City] )

Now, I want to link scorecard to analytic chart based on Region.
    so I linked scorecard with this analytic chart as follows:
    Linked dashboard item endpoint: Dim Region region
    To
    Source value: Member row:Display value

Now I ran the dashboard and clicked on the Atlantic city which is on the scorecard and
    got the below error:

Error:
    The query for this view is not valid. Contact the author of this view to fix this problem.
    Query (10, 16) Parser: The syntax for 'city' is incorrect

I tried my best to fix this error, but no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

sqldev
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 6:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Instead of Display Value you should select the Member UniqueName.  This is MDX, so you want to pass the dimension key to the chart instead of just the text.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, December 7, 2009 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. Now I am trying to see if I click on the KPI values values which are present under Actual/Target, I need to display Analytic chart for those corresponding clicks. I did the following in order to do that:
    In the Filter Link Editor:
    Dashboard item endpoint: Measures
    Source Vaue: cell: Display value
    When I click on the KPI values, I get the below error:

The query for this view is not valid. Contact the author of this view to fix this problem.
    query error details
    Query (5, 3) Parser: The syntax for '<' is incorrect.

sqldev
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:07 PM
  • Any ideas please to solve this error. Thanks.
    sqldev
    Monday, December 7, 2009 11:20 PM
  • You can link to pass dimension member or measure names, not the actual values.  You could enable the ability to show details on the values if they are associated with measures (not calculations).

For additional information and instructions please refer to the How-To information available online:

How do I link a scorecard item to a report using Dashboard Designer?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/performancepoint/HA102411051033.aspx

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 12:53 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, the values are associated with the measures. I was going through the link which you provided but could'nt find anything on enabling to show the details on the KPI values. I am not sure how to enable to show the details. Could you please let me know or send me the link which I can refer to do that. Thanks. 
    sqldev
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 9:21 PM
  • Two things on this one, you can enable/disable the show details at the scorecard level in the scorecard options

Change options for viewing a scorecard
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/performancepoint/HA102505931033.aspx

and then you have to make sure that you have configured the KPI to be source data for the calculation

Why is Show Details disabled for Scorecard views
    http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/08/22/why-is-show-details-disabled-for-scorecard-views.aspx

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by sqldev1 Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:45 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 9:56 PM