I cant install some programs like itune RRS feed

• Question

• I had been using Vista. And I decided to install Windows 7. I am very happy with it at the moment with a few exceptions. İt gave a registry error when I try to install quicktime + itunes.  The Quicktime software was installed but itune was not.. The error screen says that I have no permission open the registry key OpenwithProgIds..

Alıntı ile cevapla Mesajı düzenle Bu mesajı bildir
    Hkey_local_machine --- sofware ---- Classes   
      mig. , mod. , mp2

When I reach these keys it doesnt give me a permission to open it. Says Unexpected Error !!

I also checked it in another windows 7 installed Pc. I was able to reach these keys with no problems. Understood that this problem is special to me only.

Now, is there any method to correct this error or I have to format and reinstall windows 7 again ?

Ty for the answers in advance...
    • Moved by Mark L. Ferguson Monday, February 9, 2009 10:08 PM (Moved from Windows 7 Miscellaneous to Windows 7 Application Compatibility)
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:55 AM

Answers

• I solved the problem by repairing Windows 7.
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 10:00 AM

All replies

• Do you have more than one user registered on the computer? I feel sure you have gone in as the Administrator (which has permission to do anything)??QuickTime has a habit of messing with me over the years also (it likes to be in control,like my ex wife)
    chamblisstom@bellsouth.net
    • Proposed as answer by chamblisstom Tuesday, February 3, 2009 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 1:16 PM
  • I do log in as administrator and dont have any user id in the pc.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 1:32 PM
  • There is one guy MVP that has alot of the answers maybe I can track him down and put him on to you.Sorry I couldn't help. chamblisstom@bellsouth.net
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:20 PM
  • Did you try running in compatibility mode? I don't remember how, but I managed to install the latest version of iTunes. Try compatibility mode.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 6:31 PM
  • the problem is dealing with my registry properly. No fault in Itunes
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 6:41 PM
  • I solved the problem by repairing Windows 7.
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 10:00 AM