none
Internet Explorer 11 not opening .tif files with windows 7 default programs. RRS feed

• Question

• Internet Explorer 11 not opening .tif files with windows 7 default programs. Internet Explorer 11 keeps opening the file in the same IE11 window that i already have open. I want the tif file to open with windows photoviewer or irfanview. 
    Monday, January 23, 2017 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

are you using other web browsers on your computer... reset IE as the default from the Programs tab of Internet Options.

Does this happen on every site you visit that has tif file links or images?

IE can't natively open .tif files.... Please include links to any web sites you are having problems with your questions.

I use the context menu Copy option to copy any image on a web page and then Paste it into ifranview. ifranView has options to set the file associations for common graphics files. Perhaps you have not set its file association settings.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, January 23, 2017 8:47 PM
  • Hi TECHDUDE2017,

Is the .tif opened online or downloaded to the machine?

Please check whether you have configured Windows Photo viewer to open the .tif file.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Associate a file or protocol with a program\double click .tif\choose a program you want to set as default

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

Is it available to open .tif file now?

Best,

Joy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:21 AM