Not enough memory opening a meeting with edited picture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an issue when we receive a meeting with attached pictures in Outlook 2013 and Windows 10.

It returns an error with "There is not enough memory or disk space to complete the operation" 

We do the followind steps in order to create the issue:

1. New meeting

2. Attach or paste a picture (the error returns in both cases) and we tried with all type of images (size, format, file). Example: a JPG with 90 KB

3.Edit picture and edit design option: select square

4. Write text on right

5. send meeting to anyone

6. When we want to open it, it returns this error:

It happens with all users.

We tried to the following:

• test with another pictures, resolution or picture format
    • open outlook in safe mode
    • test without picture editing (and it sends ok, we can open it in this case)

any ideas?

thanks and regards

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi dyelg,

>> When we want to open it, it returns this error:

By this, do you mean you cannot open the meeting or cannot view the attached image?
    Does this issue only occur to meetings? How about emails with pictures attached?
    Does this problem affect all users in your environment?

I tried to test in my Outlook 2013 (15.0.4953.1001) on Windows 10 using the steps you shared above, but cannot reproduce the error.

Please check if you have a large Outlook Data (.pst) file open in Outlook, try to close the .pst file or to decrease the number of folders in the .pst file and see if there will be any improvement.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:52 AM
  • >>By this, do you mean you cannot open the meeting or cannot view the attached image?

A -When I try to open the meeting it returns the error then the meeting opens with this content. Example:

Úþ???Lr8??_D;_sv??????^2??_&?&_?$s?/????F?6"?S?-D?V???(??`?????v?_????????>?_????_]o?_?????uM:<_?_r`?w%???T?0?[??_?WQ?-??????7mVg)i????r??????_+__?_?_?_8 ?T?T3_H????|????|?<?????|_?*?+??_?En??_??t????j????????ub=9???R??????GG??Dj??????????_?M??Y<_E????O?_d1?_2@(?P e3?WPR???????6_f?9?cm?hMwO*In?&??)I?_??,????_??_??????_x_=??K"?;__n????V???kC? ??<?h?YHB?<_?Z??_vVZ??%?>Jm??WUUV???????V????IU][W?(d???I_????F'S?????????W2???????r_??(??__(#????,H?Mz?u?'-?_??_6?F???_??4?*? *?______?_??|??J???????_m||?8?v????Z?[o???2O?j2_V?_n???|??_????H??_f??H?_f???????i?^??2_%?nt??­??1???cmaj^4?Xy??????y?l??K???y???n6??G? |$????a?"U?

>>Does this issue only occur to meetings? How about emails with pictures attached?

A-Only occurs in meetings, when we do the same procedure with emails it works well. It's so strange.

>>-Does this problem affect all users in your environment?

A-Yes

BTW, My Outlook is 15.0.4927.1000 on Windows 10 and I don't use PST files,

I will try to update my Outlook but if this doesn't work... what else can we do? 

EDIT: I updated my Outlook to 15.0.4963.1000 and the issue persists. 

Regards

• Edited by dyelg Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi dyelg,

Sorry for the delay.

What's the type of your account?
    How about logging in the web mail and see if the meeting can be opened properly?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

We are using Exchange 2013. I did the following test using web mail:

1.When I send a meeting using Outlook (local) I can open it in webmail but with the same symbols.

If i go to send items i can view that the meeting is correctly created.

2. I wanna try to send and receive the meeting using web mail, but i can't create a meeting and edit a picture.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:57 AM
  • Hi dyelg,

Please try to use the CalCheck tool and see the result. For more information and to install the tool, please visit: Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook (CalCheck).

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

it returns only 1 warning with my mailbox because a recurrent meeting 

Do yo need aditional info?

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:51 AM