Dismount-WindowsImage failed RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying the CCE again after i checked all configurations, but after the AD is created it gave me this error: 

>>>>Step 4: CreateVM-CMS is started on 698 seconds.
    Preparation phase started...
    The configuration file for Cms virtual machine is created in C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\ExportedConfig\VmConfig-Cms.ini
    Preparation phase finished.
    Deployment phase started...
    Copying VHD file to C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\VMs\CMSServer.vhdx started...
    Copying VHD file to C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\VMs\CMSServer.vhdx finished.
    Path   : C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\VmMountRoot
    Online : False
    Dismount-WindowsImage : Dismount-WindowsImage failed. Error code = 0xc1550115
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtVm.ps1:225 char:5
    +     Dismount-WindowsImage -Path $mountRoot -Save
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Dismount-WindowsImage], COMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.DismountWindowsImageCommand
    Trying to exit current manual maintenance mode.
    Successfully exit manual maintenance mode.
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtVm.ps1:225 char:5
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Dismount-WindowsImage], COMException
    Friday, January 12, 2018 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try this one: https://www.msigeek.com/2635/unmount-and-clean-up-a-wim-image-using-deployment-image-servicing-and-management-dism

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by KrayemAjjawi Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:30 PM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Krayem,

Try this: Launch a PowerShell console as administrator, run “DISM -Cleanup-Wim’”. This will clean up all troubled images. Run Install-CcAppliance again or wait for the bits to automatically upgrade.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740658.aspx

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Proposed as answer by Er-D Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:58 PM
    Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:58 PM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 15, 2018 3:09 AM
  • Hi Edrem,

I followed the instructions and run " DISM -Cleanup-Wim" but it gave me another error

the error is : 

Mount-WindowsImage : The mount directory is already associated with another volume.
    Unmount the other volume before using this mount directory.

At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtVm.ps1:223 char:5
    +     Mount-WindowsImage -Path $mountRoot -ImagePath $VmVhdPath -Index 1
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Mount-WindowsImage], COMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.MountWindowsImageCommand

Mount-WindowsImage : The mount directory is already associated with another volume.
    Unmount the other volume before using this mount directory.
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtVm.ps1:223 char:5
    +     Mount-WindowsImage -Path $mountRoot -ImagePath $VmVhdPath -Index 1
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Mount-WindowsImage], COMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.MountWindowsImageCommand 
    Monday, January 15, 2018 4:45 PM
  • Hi KrayemAjjawi,

Please run the “dism /get-MountedWiminfo” on the command prompt(run as a administrator) ,check the status if it is invalid;

If the status is invalid, please run the “dism /cleanup-wim” on the command prompt(run as a administrator),please not running the cmd in powershell.

If you get the other status,you could refer to the following link.

https://www.msigeek.com/2635/unmount-and-clean-up-a-wim-image-using-deployment-image-servicing-and-management-dism

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:56 AM
  • Hi Leon Lu , 

I know how to dismount the VHDX , this is not the problem. 

the problem is: why during the deployment of CCE it is not dismounted after it is creating the CMSServer ??

the script must do that automatically, when this error occurred i have to deploy from beginning :(  

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:38 PM
  • First error looks like the dismount failed and second error is because the mount still exists.  I would run: Get-WindowsImage -Mounted to see what the current status is, clear up the stuck one and try again.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:56 PM
  • Hi Michael, This is what it is giving me since the Creation of the CMSserver 

>>>>Step 4: CreateVM-CMS is started on 775 seconds.
    Preparation phase started...
    The configuration file for Cms virtual machine is created in C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\ExportedConfig\VmConfig-Cms.ini
    Preparation phase finished.
    Deployment phase started...
    Copying VHD file to C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\VMs\CMSServer.vhdx started...
    Copying VHD file to C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\VMs\CMSServer.vhdx finished.
    Path   : C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\ApplianceRoot\Instances\2.1.0\VmMountRoot
    Online : False

PS C:\Windows\system32> 

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:47 PM
  • Hi,

Try this one: https://www.msigeek.com/2635/unmount-and-clean-up-a-wim-image-using-deployment-image-servicing-and-management-dism

Greetings,

Erdem

• Marked as answer by KrayemAjjawi Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:30 PM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:56 PM
  • Hello Erdem,

the problem of Dismount-WindowsImage is solved, 

I am facing other problem :(

at the end of the installation and deployment Can't connect to Active Directory Server

Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hi Krayem,

Is the AD server working correctly? Check event viewer for any errors. I would almost say to do a clean install of the CCE.

Greetings,

Erdem

Friday, January 19, 2018 3:57 PM