none
Lync 2013 - Recording Manager Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing an issue whereby when attempting to record a conference in Lync 2013, on stopping the content there are no audio or video files populated in C:\Users\Useraname\Video\Lync Recordings folder. Additionally the Recording Manager, while prompting you to review recordings once you have issued the stop recording command, displays "Pending" with no byte size as detailed below:

I experience this issue with users homed on either Lync Server 2010 or Lync Server 2013 pools, I have also exhibited the issue on several different clients. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards.

http://www.b4z.co.uk

Monday, November 5, 2012 8:14 PM

All replies

• You just have to wait a little bit longer...

Do you still have the issue, it should pop up after a while

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be - MCM/MVP/MCT

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:25 AM
  • Hi Johan,

thank you for the reply. I do eventually recieve a completed video after quite a lengthy period of time, however this is unfortuantely not consistent. On some occasions I will stop a recording which invokes the recording manager to find there are no videos listed for processing, the window is blank. We have some customers that currently use recording quite heavily in Lync Server 2010 and I was hoping the stability of the process and processing times will be reduced as the specification of the workstation that the recording is being completed on does not appear to affect the length of the overall process. Thanks.

Regards.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:44 AM
  • You could put the mouse over pending status, the tile message could say "Pending was paused to save power, plug in to continue" that was my case, this means you are in a laptop and need to plug in your laptop to the electricity, automatically will start to create the recording.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:54 AM
  • What happens to your recording if your laptop is powered down in this "paused" state?
    Friday, November 22, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Yes,after I plugged power on my laptop, it's okay.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:19 PM
  • This is an interesting question- I haven't seen an answer.  Does anyone know?
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:20 PM
  • Hi Tarpaulin,

I discovered this behaviour is by design, please see the "Immediate Publishing" section of the following article:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/lync/archive/2013/01/08/client-side-recording-lync-2013.aspx

Regards.

Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Thanks Joe,

If I could mark your reply as the answer I would!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:45 PM
  • You could put the mouse over pending status, the tile message could say "Pending was paused to save power, plug in to continue" that was my case, this means you are in a laptop and need to plug in your laptop to the electricity, automatically will start to create the recording.

This option really works
    Friday, December 12, 2014 6:23 PM
  • Hi , thanks for the tip. But After that I received a windows message

Visual Studio Just-In Time Debugger

An unhanled win32 exception occurred in OcPubMgr.exe [4564]

Just-InTime debugging this exception failed with the following error:

No installed debugger has Just-In Time debugger enable, In Visual studio , Just In Time degugging cas be enable from Tools/Options/Dedugging /Just in Time

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:31 PM
  • Thanks a lot, you saved my life
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:01 PM
  • I'm using Microsoft Lync 2013/Skype for Business. Starting a few months, any recording I have tried to capture has produced a MP4 file with audio but no video. I've searched Options to see if I may have inadvertently turned video off and found nothing disabled. I did change the output folder at one time however, and I'm using a Box remote folder that is auto-synced. I just now set this back to a local folder and will report back if this remedied the issue. It seems to me if the remote folder or sync program was an issue, I would get neither audio nor video. This is strange
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:47 PM
  • It worked for me, yay!!
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 1:25 AM
  • Thanks a lot!

Friday, May 6, 2016 6:24 PM

This exactly solved my problem..!! Thanks much.
    Monday, July 11, 2016 3:39 PM
  • What happens to your recording if your laptop is powered down in this "paused" state?
    Doesnot matter. It will resume creating file when you power up your laptop.
    Monday, July 11, 2016 3:43 PM
  • This is an interesting question- I haven't seen an answer.  Does anyone know?
    Don't see an option to mark this as answer. But voted Joe Morrison Tx's answer up.
    Monday, July 11, 2016 4:04 PM
  • 's really works! thank you very much!
    Friday, January 6, 2017 10:47 PM
  • Thank you Joe Morrison Tx , I found the issue :) 

• Edited by Roshanth Friday, March 31, 2017 11:22 AM
    Friday, March 31, 2017 11:17 AM
  • You need to put your laptop on charging, this will complete the recording

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:33 AM
  • Many thanks, Joe, you are right. I was in disappointment for a while as I thought I lost the meeting recordings. Now after power plugged in, they are all generated.
    • Edited by Emmalis111 Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:25 AM Typo
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:25 AM
  • This solved the problem for me. So dumb. ( When I hovered though, it didn't say anything.)

Thanks for posting!

Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:14 AM
  • This worked for me 
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:17 PM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_5 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="5" id="5">Thanks</g> you...It helps... resolve the issue.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:01 PM
  • It Works
    Friday, November 2, 2018 9:13 AM