none
Script or setting after SYSPREP resets all wireless settings to default RRS feed

• Question

• We maintain about 600 tablets that use the Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG NIC. The tablets run XP Pro. When we first began rolling these out, there was an issue with connectivity with the wireless AP's. We found out that we had to change  the advance property value for power management from the default setting of Lowest "Maximum Battery Life" to Highest "Maximum Performance".

However that being typed, whenever we image with SYSPREP, it will restore the settings back to default. We then have to manually go in and change the setting on every system. Very time consuming. Does anyone have a script or a fix for this?

Thanks

Friday, September 5, 2008 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows server related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to the following newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.deployment.desktop

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, September 8, 2008 7:24 AM
  • I am having the same problem did you ever figure it out, or did u break down and script it? I am having a pain in the *** cause the default settings are wrong we had to change more than just the battery settings too. I have 4000 Pc's to be refreshed this year and i have to change every laptop manually. help please
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:04 AM