Error 45242F4-19D0810A-10000004 Application virtualization client couln't update publication informations from server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed APP-V 4.5 SP1 (MDOP 2009 R2) on a virtual environment :

- Server APP-V : on a Hyper-V Windows 2008 R2 Virtual machine (Windows 2008 Enterprise 64Bits / SQL 2008 64 Bits / APP-V 4.5 SP1 Server)

- Client APP-V : on a Windows 7 virtual machine (Windows 7 Enterprise / APP-V 4.5 SP1 client)

When I'm trying to test refresh from APP-V Client Client I have error message 45242F4-19D0810A-10000004 (Application virtualization client couln't update publication informations from server...)

In Sftlog.txt i have error "failed request desktop configuration server at URL {rtsp://Servername.domain.com:554/} with host header {Host: Servername.domain.com
    Content-Type: text/xml
    } (rc 19D0810A-10000004)

Do you have any idea to help please

Serge Camara
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:43 AM

Answers

• I solved my problem.

In fact in VM environment we need to start manually "Application Virtualization Management Server" service.

Thx. 
    Serge Camara
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

the main reason for NOT running the SQL Server on the same box as the App-V Management server is what you encoutered: During Machine boot, App-V Management Server services tries to connect to the database that usualy is not yet online at that time. Therefore, you have to start the App-V Management Server (manually) after SQL is up and running.

You may create a service dependency (App-V Management Server service has to be deoendant on the SQL services), perhaps with some restart options.
    Alternatively, place SQL server onto a box that is "always" on.

Remember that with the current scenario you have to start the App-V Management Server service each time the machine has rebooted...

Falko
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 6:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

By googling the last part of the error message (10000004) and pressing I feel lucky, I received the following tip;
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvbeta/thread/bb355895-ad2a-4da5-a89d-ca8bed171a3c

Have you tried those?

/Znack
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:47 AM
  • I solved my problem.

In fact in VM environment we need to start manually "Application Virtualization Management Server" service.

Thx. 
    Serge Camara
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

the main reason for NOT running the SQL Server on the same box as the App-V Management server is what you encoutered: During Machine boot, App-V Management Server services tries to connect to the database that usualy is not yet online at that time. Therefore, you have to start the App-V Management Server (manually) after SQL is up and running.

You may create a service dependency (App-V Management Server service has to be deoendant on the SQL services), perhaps with some restart options.
    Alternatively, place SQL server onto a box that is "always" on.

Remember that with the current scenario you have to start the App-V Management Server service each time the machine has rebooted...

Falko
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 6:18 PM