SCOM 2007: Agent installation Failed RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey everyone,

Im deploying Operations Manager 2007 and I keep getting the same error when I tried to install the agent on some computers:

Error Code: 800706bA

Error Description: The RPC server is unavailable

The computers where Im trying to install and keeps failing are all located in my DMZ network. All the computers on the internal network did not failed.

The first thing that came to my mind is that the ISA Server between is giving me the problem, then I created a rule to let me access these computers with the Operations Manager server and the problem didn't disappear. So I checked the ISA 2006 logging and it appears that when the Ops Manager makes the connection with the client computer (first applies the rule that allow the RPC connection) but then the connection is closed with the result code FWX_E_CONNECTION_KILLED.

Any help will be apretiated.

Thanks!

Friday, August 24, 2007 3:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you given permissions on the computers in the DMZ to the account that is being used on the OM07 server?

Also, try checking the forums here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/server/mom.mspx

for more specific OM 2007 help.

Thanks,

Tim

Friday, August 24, 2007 4:28 PM
  • Have you performed a google search for FWX_E_CONNECTION_KILLED?  I recieved quite a few hits. 

Do you ahve any firewall clients that are running locally? (like MS Firewall, McAfee, Symantec)

Friday, August 24, 2007 7:28 PM