Windows 10 embedded client issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have some issues i see with the windows 10 embedded app-V client.

1. I am trying to add a package script in de deploymentconfig.xml but even when i am doing it wrong i look like the appv client isn't parsing te scripts. it is not executed. 

2. a desktop shortcut is not placed on the desktop when i publish a package global 

We have some gpo's inplace to enabel the packagescripting and a publishing server.

I test these packages local with powershell. 

it is very strange.

has any off you been testing script on windows 10.

regrds

Roger

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:54 PM

Answers

• Well guys thanks for the repley's 

i just found this section in the release notes of the Windows 10 embedded App-V client.

Custom configurations do not get applied for packages that will be published globally if they are set using the App-V Server

If you assign a package to an AD group that contains machine accounts and apply a custom configuration to that group using the App-V Server, the custom configuration will not be applied to those machines. The App-V Client will publish packages assigned to a machine account globally. However, it stores custom configuration files per user in each user’s profile. Globally published packages will not have access to this custom configuration.

Workaround: Do one of the following:

• Assign the package to groups containing only user accounts. This will ensure that the package’s custom configuration will be stored in each user’s profile and will be applied correctly.

• Create a custom deployment configuration file and apply it to the package on the client using the Add-AppvClientPackage cmdlet with the –DynamicDeploymentConfiguration parameter. See About App-V Dynamic Configuration for more information.

• Create a new package with the custom configuration using the App-V Sequencer.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/appv-release-notes-for-appv-for-windows
    • Edited by Roger Lebeau Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lebeau Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:22 AM
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:14 AM

All replies

• Yes without any issues.
    1) How do you deploy the deployment config? Where did you add the script (maybe you could post that part). What does the following Powershell command give (is should be value=1):
    Get-AppvClientConfiguration | where name -eq EnablePackageScripts
    2) Does the package get published at all? How does the deploymeny config from this package look like?

Roy Essers

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:12 PM
  • In powershell have you passed the deployment config file when adding?

Add-appvclientpackage "path to .appv" -dynamicdeploymetconfiguration "path to deployment config"

Have you set RollbackOnError="true" in config file so that if script fails the publish will fail. 

Have you checked in client event log in event viewer whether the script has run or not.

Have you checked using procmon whether the script was running or the script file is present?

Could you post your deployment config file to analyze.

Check this link for troubleshooting - 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/appv/2014/01/30/how-to-troubleshoot-app-v-5-0-deploymentconfig-userconfig-script-deployment-failures-using-appv-manage/

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:16 AM
  • Well guys thanks for the repley's 

i just found this section in the release notes of the Windows 10 embedded App-V client.

Custom configurations do not get applied for packages that will be published globally if they are set using the App-V Server

If you assign a package to an AD group that contains machine accounts and apply a custom configuration to that group using the App-V Server, the custom configuration will not be applied to those machines. The App-V Client will publish packages assigned to a machine account globally. However, it stores custom configuration files per user in each user’s profile. Globally published packages will not have access to this custom configuration.

Workaround: Do one of the following:

• Assign the package to groups containing only user accounts. This will ensure that the package’s custom configuration will be stored in each user’s profile and will be applied correctly.

• Create a custom deployment configuration file and apply it to the package on the client using the Add-AppvClientPackage cmdlet with the –DynamicDeploymentConfiguration parameter. See About App-V Dynamic Configuration for more information.

• Create a new package with the custom configuration using the App-V Sequencer.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/appv-release-notes-for-appv-for-windows
    • Edited by Roger Lebeau Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lebeau Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:22 AM
  • This looks like my problem as i am using the -Globel option to test my AppV
  • great you found your sollution, but this is not new in 5.2.... This was always the case in appv5.

Roy Essers

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:34 AM