none
Dropped Packets Outgoing/Sec RRS feed

• Question

• We have a number of Hyper-V hosts running Windows Server 2019  each with 8 1GB NICs in a LBO Team.

I have VM-NetworkAdpators for Management, Cluster and Live Migraiton.

I have noticed that on the VMNetwork Adaptors we have around 200 dropped packets per second Incoming.

On the vSwitch there are around 2000 dropped packets per second Outgoing.

VMQ is disabled on all network adaptors.

We are not seeing and disruption inside the VMs, but I am concered as to why there drops are occuring.

Has anyone here seen this before?

Monday, January 13, 2020 3:21 PM

All replies

• This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:22 AM
  • Hi ,

>>I have noticed that on the VMNetwork Adaptors we have around 200 dropped packets per second Incoming.

On the vSwitch there are around 2000 dropped packets per second Outgoing.

How did you notice that the network packets are being dropped? Could you please clarify more details?

Are there any related error messages in LBFO Operational log? In Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > MsLbfoProvider > Operational.

Are there any related error messages in Hyper-V-VmSwitch log?In Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft >Hyper-V-VmSwitch > Operational.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:54 AM
  • Hi

We noticed through perfmon.

Only informational and verbose events in the Hyper-V-VMSwitch Log

again, only informational and verbose events in  MsLbfoProvider

I'd like to upload a screen schot - but it says my account is not verified?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:03 PM
  • Hi ,

If you cannot upload the screenshot, you account just need to be verified.You can expedite verification by replying to this thread with your request.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

Please understand, if there is no specific event/error about the problem, it's hard for us to troubleshooting. For this case, tracing and monitoring logs should be necessary. However, from forum support level, analysis of packet capture is beyond our scope.

If you want to know the cause, I would suggest you open a case with Microsoft ,more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:49 AM