Setup Dashboard: Uptime, CPU, Memory, Disk Space, etc RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am trying to setup monitors which will display the following:

-Server Health (Already setup and working)

-Server UptimeCPU Utilization

-Memory Utilization

-Free Disk Space

-Network Utilization

I have been looking through howtos and forums but can't find anything decent to assist me with this. For instance, when I try to setup a CPU utilization dashboard, most of the howtos mention a processor object type which needs to be selected but this is missing from the performance widget. I have installed the SC Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System management pack and under my monitors I do see the kind of monitors I want but can't get them to show on a dashboard. 

I would really appreciate some tips or useful links.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 1:46 PM

All replies

• see if this can help you

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2011/10/04/widgets-performance-widget.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2012/06/12/free-windows-server-2008-dashboards-for-opsmgr-2012-and-tool-to-help-create-your-own-customized-dashboards.aspx

Blog: http://theinfraguys.com

Follow me at Facebook The Infra Guys Facebook Page

Join the Singapore System Center Admin Group SG System Center Admin Group

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you in anyway

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:15 AM
  • Create a dashbaord, when you go to add the widget:

Add in: the objects by performance widget, select All Windows Computers, Select Processor Information, % Processor time, _Total.   Display the TOP 10 objects.   This will float servers using the most CPU to the top of a list.

Repeat for Drive Space, and Memory Space.

let me know if that works for you, again it's the Processor Information not Processor for the perf counter object type.

LMK,

-Jess

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:02 AM
  • Hi Vincez / Jesse,

None of your suggestions worked.

The problem is that I do not have the "Processor Information" as a perf counter. These objects are my only options under the performance widget:

-Health Service

-Health Service Management Groups

-OpsMgr DB Write Action Modules

-OpsMgr DW Writer Module

-OpsMgr SDK Service

-Process

-System

I have also noticed the following errors in my event log:

Error 100
    DetectDuplicateRelAgnToSrvMonitor.vbs : Script executed with Error Number: -2147467259 Error Details: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Error 4506
    Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "ManagementGroupCollectionAlertsCountRule" running for instance "All Management Servers Resource Pool" with id:"{xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}" in management group "OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP".

Error 11463
    OperationsManager container doesnt exist in domain our_domain.local or the Run As Account associated with the AD based agent assignment rule does not have access to the container. Please run MomADAdmin before configuring agent assignment rules and make sure the associated Run As Account is the member of the Operations Manager Administrator role. 

Workflow name: _OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP_TestSCOM_our_domain 
    Instance name: AD Assignment Resource Pool 
    Instance ID: {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} 
    Management group: OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP

Error 1199
    GetOpsMgrDWDBWatcherDiscovery.vbs : Error returning discovery data. code = -2147467259

Error 1102
    Rule/Monitor "Microsoft.Exchange.15.MailboxStatsSubscription.Rule" running for instance "TestSCOM.our_domain" with id:"{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}" cannot be initialized and will not be loaded. Management group "OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP"

Error 6028
    DiscoverHealthServiceCommunicationRelationships.js : HealthServiceCommuncation relationship discovery for HealthServices configured via AD Integration

Could not find "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Agent Management Groups\OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP\AD Cache\Primary SCP Info\Service DNS Name"
    The HealthService needs at least a primary management server to communicate.
    This may indicate that the following:
    * HealthService has not queried and cached the AD SCPs yet
    * HealthService doesn't have access to any SCPs, yet is configured for AD Integration
    Match results: undefined

Error 10000
    A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing. 

Discovery name: Microsoft.Windows.Server.2008.Computer.Discovery 
    Instance name: TestSCOM.our_domain
    Management group name: OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP

Error 11852
    OleDb Module encountered a failure 0x80004005 during execution and will post it as output data item. Unspecified error
    : [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. 

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.SqlBrokerAvailabilityMonitorForPool 
    Instance name: All Management Servers Resource Pool 

Error 21405
    The process started at 01:39:50 AM failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output.  The process exited with 1

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "DiscoverHealthServiceCommunicationRelationships.js" 0 {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} TestSCOM.our_domain "OUR_MANAGEMENT_GROUP"
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 138\5484\ 

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DiscoveryHealthServiceCommunication 
    Instance name: TestSCOM.our_domain 

Not sure if any of the errors have something to do with the missing perf counters.

Thank you for the assistance with this.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:42 AM
  • If this server wasn't named testscom, I would start over.

Here is how to import MPs which will make those Perf Conuters show up in the dashboard view.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2013/10/18/opsmgr-2012-r2-quickstart-deployment-guide.aspx

5.  Import management packs. Also refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212691.aspx

• Using the console – you can import MP’s using the catalog, or directly importing from disk.  Note – some MP’s should only be imported from disk.
    • Import the Base OS and SQL MP’s at a minimum.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

I have already installed the base OS MPs. I have also confirmed that it has been imported.

Do you think my installation is corrupted? If so I won't have any other choice but to reinstall.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:10 AM
  • Reinstalling resolved the issue.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:08 AM