AppV Client 5.0 Streaming Options RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

can anyone explain me how I can configure the AppV Client, that the AppV-Client doesn't download any data to the Client?

I thought that the benefit of AppV 5.0 is that the applications are live streamed to the client without downloading any data to the client?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Is there any reason that you claim that clients are not downloading data?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

we use AppV in an VDI, virtual desktop, environment, where the space on the write cache, hard disk, is limited. Therfore it is important that our virtual client doesn't download any data from the application, maybe you know how to configure the AppV client, that the AppV Client doesn't download data from the applications and i can use the application only online, live streamed.

• Edited by Gürzing Monday, September 24, 2012 11:10 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 11:08 AM
  • Hi,

You can look up Shared Content Store which is looking likely to replace the old shared read only cache which is what most use when implement App-V 4.6 within VDI. It centralizes the cache rather than stores it on each users end device. There's not too much info right now as it's still in it's beta. It's a good idea in these early stages to submit feedback to Microsoft via their connect website where you can download the beta and download the documentation which might also help

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:02 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:25 AM
  • Hi there,

Check out my blog for further information regarding the Shared Content Store feature in App-V 5.0 and how it can be configured:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualvibes/archive/2012/10/24/introducing-shared-content-store-in-app-v-5-0-goodbye-shared-read-only-cache.aspx

Thanks,

Thamim

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:59 PM