none
Acquiring enterprise calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, I have set the enterprise calendar with the Holidays.  I am receiving local plans from others that do not have these exceptions.  I opened the project on the server copy thinking it would assume the enterprise calendar, but that didn't work; then I did an import and that didn't work.  Do I have to actually save the file on the server for it to capture the exceptions from the enterprise calendar?
    Monday, June 25, 2012 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi there,
    Open that project from the server, click Project Information from the Project Tab in Project Professional, set the correct calendar there. Then save and publish the project back to the server.
    Thanks
    Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Shaunda101 Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:28 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies

• An import using the Import Project to Enterprise wizard would have you saving in the end and mapping to an enterprise calendar. What exactly are you trying to do?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:50 PM
  • I want the local project to pick up the enterprise calendar.  I thought opening it connected to the server would do it.. then I started the import but I saved as file because I'm not ready for it to be on the server yet.  So it sounds like once I actually save/publish to server it will pick up the calendar.  Once a file is saved to the server, is it possible to rename it?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:16 PM
  • I've imported project and it's on server.  I just opened it up and it did not override the local project calendar with my enterprise calendar.  What am I doing wrong?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Hi there,
    Open that project from the server, click Project Information from the Project Tab in Project Professional, set the correct calendar there. Then save and publish the project back to the server.
    Thanks
    Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Shaunda101 Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:28 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Thanks Paul!  That did it.  When I selected the calendar, the enterprise calendar was called Standard1 and the local calendar was Standard.  Is this normal?  I thought I'd see something like Standard(local), Standard(enterprise) to be able to easily distinguish them.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:28 PM