Import is still running after 17 hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have 2 servers one with SQL Server 2012 on it and one with WSUS on it.  Both servers are 2012R2. 

The issue is that we had a problem with the DB server and had to restore it.  On the WSUS server I could see the updates but the metadata date was March 2016 even though the catalog dates were dated March 2017.  So I ran import to update the metadata.  So the import has now been running 17 hours overnight and I noticed that the WSUS Service had stopped so I restarted it.  I am wondering how long to let this run.  Is there any way to tell where it is in the process or if it is close to being completed?  The WSUS Content directory is 45GB in size.  I would appreciate any advice on what to do next.   

Thanks for any help! Reezie

Friday, April 7, 2017 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Reezie Reez,

You are welcome, and feel free to feedback if you need additional assistance.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Reezie Reez Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:41 PM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Reezie,

>So I ran import to update the metadata. 

Based on my understanding, you meet issues with WSUS SUSDB which stores in external SQL server;

What is the exact steps do you do of the "import"?

If the SUSDB is crash, I would recommend you re-install the WSUS for a quick fix.

To remove the WSUS components:

1. Remove the WSUS role;

2. Remove WSUS site in IIS, Content folder, detach and delete SUSDB;

Then re-install the WSUS role.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.  I decided that the database when it was recovered still has issues with the SQL Management tools so that is likely the problem. We are going to reinstall the SQL Server. Thank you for your reply.

Monday, April 10, 2017 2:37 PM
  • Hi Reezie Reez,

You are welcome, and feel free to feedback if you need additional assistance.

Best Regards,

Anne

• Marked as answer by Reezie Reez Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:41 PM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:14 AM