none
Can not create a default report using the display condition RRS feed

• Question

• New question...

I have a scorecard and to the right I would like a default chart. When the user clicks any KPI another chart, related to that KPI, should display. All works fine except the fact that I can not drag "display condition" to the chart I want as default (or any other chart) and then leave all KPIs blank, to get that chart to become the default chart. I have looked at http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2008/06/04/enabling-a-default-display-condition-view.aspx and all is working well in the MS BI VPC, but not when working with real data. I have to click a KPI in the Display Condition Editor to be able to go on with "OK". Anyone know why?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have tried it n my environment and its working fine. What i would like to do is add the default report first and when you drag the display condition select NONE option. Make sure that you have updated to SP2.

Regards,
    Ram
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 5:24 AM
  • Thanks, but I have tried doing it the same way you describe it....I can select all without a problem, but not none. Is this thing impossible to do without SP2?
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just install the patch and try again.Atleast you need SP1 for the requirement. Since SP2 is released i would suggest you to install the hotifix and try. In the above link you have mentioned it says the following note

**NOTE: this capability has been added with PerformancePoint Monitoring Server SP1 - you will need to install SP1 to use this functionality.

So what is the version you are using?? Have you installed any updates??

Regards,
    Ram
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:25 PM
  • Hi Ram, and thanks for your time. To be honest with you, I´m not completely sure. I´m not the one who has installed it (I´m a student, coming from the business side background and I was just given an existing environment to work with). I was told SP2 would be installed though - how can I check to see what version I have?

Anyway, it´s not a major issue at the moment, and if the version is the reason, at least I know that and can go on.
    Thanks!
    Friday, July 3, 2009 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

Please navigate to Start->Contol Panel->Add or remove programs. Please make sure that Show updates check box is selected at the top. Under Microsoft Office Performance Point Monitoring server please make sure that SP2 is shown below.

Regards,
    Ram
    Friday, July 3, 2009 4:01 PM
  • You must have the SP to do this, it was a fix we applied in the service pack.
    Thanks,
    Alyson
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:56 PM